- Wednesday, 1/27- 100th Day of school ( Don't forget to dress up or decorate a shirt with 100 items!) We have lots of fun counting activities and crafts planned! :)
- Friday, 1/29- Non- uniform Day. Please send in a quarter.
- Friday, 2/5- Mid-Term reports go home
- Tuesday, 2/2- Groundhog Day
- Thursday, 2/11- Grandparents Day
- Monday, 2/15- Presidents Day holiday
- Friday, 3/11- End of 3rd quarter
- Math: Continue working in chapter 8, "Geometry & Fractions". Practice writing and identifying numbers to 60.
- Bible verse: "O"
- Bible: Joseph
- Unit Study: Polar bears/Winter (We will begin discussing dental health on Friday and move into the following week.)
- Phonics: Long vowels; please review these concepts at home as you see this new concept beginning. Review short and long vowels at home when reading. We are also learning about "Special blend sounds" such as fl. bl, cr, br, st, sk, tr, spl, etc.
- Handwriting: We will continue to work on correct letter formation and line placement. Remember, to enhance your child's writing skills it would be great to work on writing short sentences at home with your child using sight words and short vowel words. Practice capitalization, punctuation, and spacing as well.
- Word Family: "op" (hop, flop, stop, pop)
- Special Sound: "cl" (clap, clock, clue, clam)
- Homework: Packet will go home on Friday, 1/29 and will be due on Friday, 2/5.
- Reading: Practice 3rd quarter sight words (Please review long vowel read concepts as well students know the little chant: "when two vowels go to walkin' the first one does the talkin'" Please have them review this to help them identify long and silent vowels as they are reading.
- Red & Black groups- Monday &Wednesday Purple & Green groups- Tuesday &Thursday
Dizzy has to make up a few weekends! Dizzy will need to go home with Harry this coming Friday on the 29th.
Show and Tell: Niyati and Amelia