- 11/30- 12/2 Book Fair. The Book Fair will close by noon on the 2nd.
- 12/10- Tacky Christmas Sweater day! :)
- 12/11- Kindergarten Chapel at 8:45 in the old Upper School Gym.
- Please practice your lines at home each day if you have a speaking part.
- 12/18- Box top Collection Day
- 12/18- Christmas Party- 11:00
- 12/18- Early dismissal-11:45
- 12/18- Monthly non-uniform day
- 12/21 ---- 1/5- Christmas holidays
Math: Chapter 5 Test on Friday, "Numbers through 31".
**** Practice writing and identifying numbers to 40 at home.
Phonics: Please practice 1st & 2nd quarter sight words. Try sight word apps on your iPad to get your child more involved, if flash cards don't seem to be working. Focus on 5-6 each week.
Please review letters & sounds at home.
Reading Folders: Red & Black groups- Monday & Wednesday
Purple & Green groups- Tuesday & Thursday
Please be sure you are reading 10-15 minutes each night with your child. Review blending together.
Letter for the week: Q...Our last letter!
Bible: Christmas -Jesus' birth
Bible Verse: Verse K
Unit Study: Needs and Wants, Christmas
Handwriting: We will continue to work on correct letter formation & line placement for the letters of the week.
Homework will go home on Friday, 12/4. It is due on Friday, 12/11.
- Show and Tell: Harry and Emma (both on Friday this week)
- Weekend with Dizzy(Harrison)
- Please remember that it would be very beneficial to work on writing sentences at home with your child's sight words and short vowel (CVC) words. As you practice these skills at home, please also remember to review sentence spacing and punctuation. We have been focusing heavily on sentence structure in our classroom over the last few weeks.
- This will be a tremendous help to your child's sentence writing development. If you need any extra copies of the Frog Street Press paper please let me know! :)
Have a great week!