- Wednesday, March 2nd- Dr. Seuss day- Your child may bring in their favorite Dr. Seuss book to share with the class or dress up as a Dr. Seuss character if they would like, this is not mandatory. Simply just a day for a little fun and remembering Dr. Seuss and how important reading is! :)
- Friday, March 4th- Field trip to the Trustees Theater to see "Mary Poppins". Please send a lunch and a drink from home. We will eat in the classroom after the play.
- Friday, 3/11- End of 3rd quarter
- Tuesday, 3/15- Kindergarten Easter Egg Hunt at 11:30 in the pecan grove.
- Wednesday, 3/16- Monday 3/28- Spring Break.
- Thursday, 3/31- Report cards go home
- Bible: Joseph / No Bible Verse
- Math: Chapter 10; Addition
- Social Studies: Leap Year and Author Study of Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss)
- Phonics: Long vowels; please review these concepts at home as you see this new concept beginning. Review short and long vowels at home when reading. We are also learning about special sounds like the Y in my, by---the o in go, so--- and the e in me, be, we.
- Word Family: "ack" (back, snack, track, Mack, pack)
- Special Blend Sounds: Review all blends taught so far
- Handwriting: We will continue to work on correct letter formation and line placement. Remember, to enhance your child's writing skills it would be great to work on writing short sentences at home with your child using sight words and short vowel words. Practice capitalization, punctuation, and spacing as well.
- Homework: No Homework This Week!
- Reading: Practice 3rd quarter sight words (Please review long vowel read concepts as well students know the little chant: "when two vowels go to walkin' the first one does the talkin'" Please have them review this to help them identify long and silent vowels as they are reading if they need to.
- Red & Black groups- Monday & Wednesday
- Purple & Green groups- Tuesday &Thursday
Dizzy's Weekend with James!
Show and Tell: Ema and Georgia (Send it in any day you would like)