As a reminder, our Extreme Weather Non-Uniform Guideline (as stated in the Lower School Handbook on page 26) reads "If at 6:00 am, the temperature or the wind chill factor renders the temperature below freezing (32 degrees), a free Lower School Non-Uniform Day will be observed."
Do keep in mind that our policy was put in place for the purpose of having our students dress more warmly. In order that we all have the same temperature guideline, our Kindergarten homepage webpage now has a weather widget. Please adhere to this guideline for the official determination of an Extreme Weather Non-Uniform Day.
Save the Date:
- Mon. Jan. 11th- Report cards go home (sign and return by the following day in order for your child to earn a N.U.T. card).
- Fri. Jan 15th- Conference Day. NO SCHOOL. I will contact you if a conference is needed at this time.
- Monday, 1/18- Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. NO SCHOOL
- Friday, 1/29- Non- uniform Day
- Math: Continue working in chapter 6, "Geometry". Practice writing and identifying numbers to 60.
- Bible verse: No verse this week (next week verse M)
- Bible: Esau and Jacob
- Unit Study: New Year- 2016, Winter
- Phonics: Review beginning, middle, and ending sounds. We will soon begin moving into long vowels. Please review these concepts at home as you see this new concept begin in the next few weeks.
- Word Family: "at"
- Handwriting: We will continue to work on correct letter formation and line placement. Remember, to enhance your child's writing skills it would be great to work on writing short sentences at home with your child using sight words and short vowel words. Practice capitalization, punctuation, and spacing as well.
- Homework: Your child will receive their homework packet this Friday and it will be due on Thursday, 1/14.
- Reading: Begin reviewing 3rd quarter sight words No folders needed on Tuesday (Please return your child's reading folder if I don't already have it at school.)
Purple & Green groups- Thursday
Dizzy will now go home with Angeline.
Show and tell will resume with Jackson(Wednesday) and Katelyn (Friday).