- Assessment Week: Your child will be assessed on writing and identifying numbers to 60, 3rd quarter sight words, reading long vowels, and many other areas of academics that we have studied during this quarter so far.
- Tuesday, 2/2- Groundhog Day
- Friday, 2/5- Mid-Term Reports go home
- Thursday, 2/11- Grandparents Day
- Monday, 2/15- Presidents Day holiday
- Friday, 3/11- End of 3rd quarter
- Math: Continue working in chapter 8, "Geometry & Fractions". Begin writing and identifying numbers to 70.
- Bible verse: "p"
- Bible: Joseph
- Unit Study: Ground Hog Day/Valentines/Dental Health (The next two weeks)
- Phonics: Long vowels; please review these concepts at home as you see this new concept beginning. Review short and long vowels at home when reading. We are also learning about "Special blend sounds" such as fl. bl, cr, br, st, sk, tr, spl, etc.
- Handwriting: We will continue to work on correct letter formation and line placement. Remember, to enhance your child's writing skills it would be great to work on writing short sentences at home with your child using sight words and short vowel words. Practice capitalization, punctuation, and spacing as well.
- Word Family: "in" (pin, win, twin, thin, fin)
- Special Sound: "sl" (slide, slip, slug, sleep
- Homework: Packet will go home on Friday, 2/5 and will be due on Friday, 2/12.
- Reading: Practice 3rd quarter sight words (Please review long vowel read concepts as well students know the little chant: "when two vowels go to walkin' the first one does the talkin'" Please have them review this to help them identify long and silent vowels as they are reading.
- Red & Black groups- Monday &Wednesday Purple & Green groups- Tuesday &Thursday
Dizzy's Weekend with Georgia!
Show and Tell: Ryleigh and Olivia