- Save the Date:
- Tuesday, 1/10- Report cards go home (sign and return the following day)
- Friday, 1/13- Conference Day. NO SCHOOL. I will contact you if a conference is needed at this time.
- Monday, 1/16- Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, 1/30- 100th Day of School!- The students may dress as if they are 100 years old or come wearing a shirt decorated with 100 items.
- Friday, 2/17- Georgia Day- Your child may wear and indian or colonial costume if they wish.
- Monday, 2/20- President's Day- Holiday
- This Week:
- Math: Ch: 6 Test this week. Practice writing and identifying numbers to 60.
- Bible verse: "L" Recite on Thursday 1/12
- Bible: Jacob & Esau
- Unit Study: Penguins
- Phonics: Long vowels; please review these concepts at home as you see this new concept beginning. Review short and long vowels at home when reading. We are also learning about special sounds like the Y in my, by---the o in go, so--- and the e in me, be, we.
- Word Family: "at" and "ap" (hat, rat, snap, cap)
- Special Blend Sounds: FL (flag, flower, flute)
- Handwriting: We will continue to work on correct letter formation and line placement. Remember, to enhance your child's writing skills it would be great to work on writing short sentences at home with your child using sight words and short vowel words. Practice capitalization, punctuation, and spacing as well.
- Homework: The next packet will go home on Thursday, 1/20 and will be due on Friday, 1/27.
- Reading: Practice 3rd quarter sight words Reading folders will return home this week:
- Blue & Purple groups- Monday & Wednesday
Red & Yellow groups- Tuesday & Thursday
Please do not to forget to send a water bottle each day. It is preferred that students bring a water bottle with a lid and straw. We have had multiple incidents in the classroom when students bring plastic or metal twist top bottles. Please do not send these.
Thank you and have a wonderful week!