- Monday, January 30th- 100th day of school (You can come to school dressed like you are 100 years old or wear a 100th day shirt, decorated any way you would like,)
- Tuesday, February 7th- 3rd Quarter Mid-Term Reports go home
- Tuesday, 2/14- Valentine's Day Celebration
- Friday, February 17- Georiga Day (You will need a Native American or colonial costume for this day.) * Bring a sack lunch. *
- Monday, February 20- President's Day Holiday
** Please make sure that you are reading with your child nightly and returning your folder on the assigned day. **
Your child will be assessed on the 3rd quarter sight words this week. If he/she has not fully passed any of the previous lists, they will be reassessed on those lists as well.
Other areas assessed for 3rd quarter:
- Blends/Word Families/Long Vowels
- Reading assessment
- Identifying/Writing Numbers to 60
- Measurement/ Geometry/Fractions
Special sound: S Blends (Sh-ship, sk-skate, sc-scat, sm-smore, sp- spot)
Word Family: ip (chip, dip, lip)
Long Vowels- please review these concepts at home as you see this new concept beginning. Review short and long vowels at home when reading.
- We are learning about special sounds like the Y in my, by---the o in go, so--- and the e in me, be, we.
- We are also studying special sounds such as ing, oo, ar, er, ir, ur, ew, ow, ou please review these at home as well.
- Please also review the digraphs ph, ch, th, sh, and wh. (phone, church, thumb, shell, whale)
Geometry/Fractions- We will wrap up this unit and test on Thursday
Ground Hog Day/Shadows
Verse: O- Recite on Friday, Feb. 3rd
Handwriting: Please continue to work on line placement, neatness, and letter formation at home.
Homework is due Friday, February 3rd. A new packet will go home this Friday and is due the following Friday.
Have a blessed week!