- Save the Date:
- Tuesday, 1/30- 100th Day of School!- The students may dress as if they are 100 years old or come wearing a shirt decorated with 100 items.
- Tuesday, 2/7- Mid-term reports go home
- Tuesday, 2/14- Valentine's Day Celebration
- Friday, 2/17- Georgia Day- Your child may wear an indian or colonial costume if they wish.
- Monday, 2/20- President's Day- Holiday
- This Week:
- Math: Ch: 8 Geometry and Fractions (we will return to Ch: 7 Time & Money at a later time)
- Bible verse: "M" Recite on Thursday 1/20
- Bible: Joseph
- Unit Study: MLK, Jr. & Polar Bears (Habitat, daily life, size, body, diet, etc)
- Phonics: Long vowels; please review these concepts at home as you see this new concept beginning. Review short and long vowels at home when reading. We are also learning about special sounds like the Y in my, by---the o in go, so--- and the e in me, be, we.
- Word Family: "an" and "ack" (ran, tan, man, snack, back, tack)
- Special Blend Sounds: CL and SL (cloud, clown, sleep, slow)
- Handwriting: We will continue to work on correct letter formation and line placement. Remember, to enhance your child's writing skills it would be great to work on writing short sentences at home with your child using sight words and short vowel words. Practice capitalization, punctuation, and spacing as well.
- Homework: The next packet will go home on Thursday, 1/20 and will be due on Friday, 1/27.
- Please continue to review reading skills taught thus far.
- Reading folders:
- Blue & Purple groups- Monday & Wednesday
Red & Yellow groups- Tuesday & Thursday
Mrs. Shannon Bateman, Kindergarten teacher at Savannah Christian Preparatory School.