- Monday, 2/8- Please return mid-term reports. Your child will earn a N.U.T card if returned by Monday.
- Thursday, 2/11- Grandparents Day Program- 9:45 in the Eckburg Center
- Friday, 2/12- Valentine Snack and Valentine Exchange
- Monday, 2/15- Presidents Day holiday
- Friday, 2/19- Georgia Day- The parade will be at 8:45.Feel free to come and watch! **All students will need to bring a lunch and a drink from home. We will be eating in the classroom or outside (weather permitting).
- Wednesday 3/2- Dr. Seuss' Birthday- Your child may bring in their favorite Dr. Seuss book to share with the class or dress up as a Dr. Seuss character if they would like, this is not mandatory simply just a day for a little fun and remembering Dr. Seuss and how important reading is! :)
- Friday, 3/4- Field trip to the Trustees Theater to see "Mary Poppins". Please send a lunch and a drink from home. We will eat in the classroom after the play.
- Friday, 3/11- End of 3rd quarter
- Math: Ch: 8 Test on Monday; Then Ch: 9 Beginning Addition
- Bible verse: "Q"
- Bible: Joseph
- Unit Study: Valentine's Day/President's Day/GA Symbols and Facts
- Phonics: Long vowels; please review these concepts at home as you see this new concept beginning. Review short and long vowels at home when reading. We are also learning about special sounds like the Y in my, by---the o in go, so--- and the e in me, be, we.
- Word Family: "ug" (bug, slug, tug, rug, mug)
- Special Blend Sounds: "gr" (grass, grape, grow, growl)
- Handwriting: We will continue to work on correct letter formation and line placement. Remember, to enhance your child's writing skills it would be great to work on writing short sentences at home with your child using sight words and short vowel words. Practice capitalization, punctuation, and spacing as well.
- Homework: Packet will go home on Friday, 2/12 and will be due on Friday, 2/19.
- Reading: Practice 3rd quarter sight words (Please review long vowel read concepts as well students know the little chant: "when two vowels go to walkin' the first one does the talkin'" Please have them review this to help them identify long and silent vowels as they are reading if they need to.
- Red & Black groups- Monday &Wednesday Purple & Green groups- Tuesday &Thursday
Dizzy's Weekend with Zachary!
Show and Tell: Gabriella and Ashley