- Tuesday, 2/14- Valentine's Day Celebration (Please remember, no goody bags)
- Friday, February 17- Georiga Day (You will need a Native American or colonial costume for this day.) * Bring a sack lunch.
- Monday, February 20- President's Day Holiday
** Please make sure that you are reading with your child nightly and returning your folder on the assigned day. **
Special sound: S Blends (Sh-ship, sk-skate, sc-scat, sm-smore, sp- spot) This week we will also be looking at letter Y making the i and e sound in words like try and baby,
Word Family: ill (fill, spill, drill, will, Bill)
Long Vowels- please review these concepts at home as you see this new concept beginning. Review short and long vowels at home when reading.
- We are learning about special sounds like the Y in my, by---the o in go, so--- and the e in me, be, we.
- We are also studying special sounds such as ing, oo, ar, er, ir, ur, ew, ow, ou please review these at home as well.
- Please also review the digraphs ph, ch, th, sh, and wh. (phone, church, thumb, shell, whale)
Beginning Addition & Subtraction (We will continue to strengthen our addition and subtraction skills with numbers between 1-10)
Valentines/God's Love for Us and All about Georgia!
Verse: No Bible Verse this week
Handwriting: Please continue to work on line placement, neatness, and letter formation at home.
Homework is due Friday, February 17th. A new packet will go home this Thursday due to GA Day on Friday and is due the following Friday.
Have a blessed week!