- 12/10- Tacky Christmas Sweater Day! (or any Christmas shirt/sweater)
- 12/11- Kindergarten Chapel at 8:45 in the old Upper School Gym. Please dress your child in a special Christmas outfit, a red or green shirt, or their school uniform.
- 12/17-Pajama Day
- 12/18- Box top Collection Day
- 12/18- Christmas Party- 11:00
- 12/18- Early dismissal-11:45
- 12/18- Monthly non-uniform day. Please send in a quarter.
- 12/21 ----> 1/5- Christmas holidays
Assessing on 1st & 2nd quarter sight words and numbers to 50 this week
Math: Begin Ch: 6; Please begin working on writing and identifying 1-50 at home.
Phonics: Please practice 1st & 2nd quarter sight words. Try sight word apps on your iPad to get your child more involved, if flash cards don't seem to be working. Focus on 5-6 each week.. Please also review letters & sounds at home.
Reading Folders: Please remember to sign off on each of the pages or books that you read inside the reading folder.
Red & Black groups- Monday & Wednesday
Purple & Green groups- Tuesday & Thursday
Bible: The First Christmas
Bible Verse: Verse L
Unit Study: Needs and Wants, Christmas Around the World
Handwriting: We will continue to work on correct letter formation &
line placement for the letters of the week. Practice writing short vowel words or sight words as well.
- Please remember that it would be very beneficial to work on writing sentences at home with your child's sight words and short vowel (CVC) words. As you practice these skills at home, please also remember to review sentence spacing and punctuation. We have been focusing heavily on sentence structure in our classroom over the last few weeks.
- This will be a tremendous help to your child's sentence writing development. If you need any extra copies of the Frog Street Press paper please let me know! :)
Homework will is due on Friday, 12/11. A new packet will go home after the holidays.
Show and Tell: Monday (Angeline) and Friday (Harrison)
Weekend with Dizzy: Angeline
Have a great week!