Due to testing, the children will NOT have homework, reading folders, or a Bible verse to recite on Friday.
April 13th- April 16th- Standardized Testing week (No NUT cards may be used during testing.)
Tuesday, April 21st- 4th quarter midterm
Thursday, April 23rd- Grandparent's Day (9:45- Eckburg building- Parents welcome)
Friday, April 24th- Non-uniform day
Saturday, April 25th- Super Saturday (10-3)
Monday, April 27th- Pottery Field Trip (We will be making a special present for our mothers so only teachers and students will be attending the trip.) * More info to come.
Wednesday, April 29th- Field Day
Tuesday, May 5th- Book Character Parade @ 9:30
- Math: Chapter 7- Time and Money
- Phonics: Long vowels, Special sounds
- Science: Monday we will review force and motion. Tuesday-Friday our little Scientists will learn about soil and rocks! :)
- Word Family: None
- Special sounds: review
- Handwriting: Review, Writing numbers to 90
- Bible: Daily Devotional stories
- Bible Verse: No verse
- No homework this week! The next packet will be sent on 4/17.
- Reading: NO READING FOLDERS THIS WEEK
FYI- Looking AheadI:
- 4th Quarter Sight Words: I will be assessing after testing for the 4th quarter midterm. Please review this weekend if this applies to your student.
- Our theme for Grandparent's Day this year is "A Day at the Farm." Your child will need to dress as a farmer, cowboy, flower, or farm animal. Costumes do not need to be elaborate, but I wanted to go ahead and give you a heads up so you can begin looking through your closets.
- We will celebrate Children's Book Week with a book character parade on 5/5. Each student will need to dress as a character from a book that they enjoy. If you have the book, please send it with your child that day to carry in the parade. Costumes do not need to be elaborate! Be creative. You can find lots of simple costumes on-line that only require a few items from your closet.